The Vestry met on the evening of August 19, 2020 for a 2-hour meeting. Below is a summary of some of the items addressed that may be of interest to the parish:
- Fr. Bob discussed the Diocesan review of St Andrew’s website. Glenn D. commented that, in general, the review was positive. The IT director was very complimentary regarding Fr. Bob’s Adult-Education videos, but thought they should be on a separate page of the website for Adult Education. That has now been addressed. Glenn is also doing the production work for the remote audio services and for Fr. Bob’s Adult-Ed video presentations.
- We have not yet hired a new, paid church secretary. We had some applicants but they have withdrawn during this pandemic. We are continuing to pursue this.
- Gayla has been working on a joint-use agreement document for those who use our church building. An item or two needs to be updated or corrected, and we hope to approve this document at the September meeting.
- All the new members of the Vestry have gone through the “Safeguarding God’s Children” training now. Colin will be providing them keys to the church.
- Colin presented a proposal for putting up a black, vinyl-coated fence around the church gardens. The Vestry voted to pursue this project to protect St. Andrew’s property better.
- The plastic protective coverings for the stain-glass windows of the church should be put up in the next week or so to finish out this project. Gerhard has been heading this project.
- The Search Committee for finding a new rector is still on hold until we obtain approval to proceed from the Diocese.
- Alfred S. provided information to the Vestry on a camera system that could allow for better security and safety for church members. Alfred will provide another update at the September meeting.
- We discussed refinishing the Great Hall floors but because this room is used for worship at present, the fumes from new varnish could present problems. Next summer, once we are out of this pandemic, may be a better time to pursue floor refinishing.
- Fr. Bob will look into resuming visits with the home-bound of our church. More research needs to be done with the Diocese.
- Mert is heading up a Parking Lot Sale for Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. Proceeds will go to the church.
Let us pray:
Almighty and ever living God, ruler of all things in heaven and earth, hear our prayers for this parish family. Strengthen the faithful, arouse the careless, and restore the penitent. Grant us all things necessary for our common life, and bring us all to be of one heart and mind within our holy Church; through Jesus Christ our Lord. – Amen